A NEW PROGRESSION IN WEEKLY MX LESSONS
MX is an individual sport that brings families together as they ride and is enjoyed by people of all ages. It can provide a level of excitement and personal achievement that no other sport can provide. However, it can be dangerous and cause significant injury if not executed properly.
Our goal for the Beginner MX League is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to help reduce injury, increase enjoyment, and allow students of all ages achieve their full potential as riders. This will be accomplished through a series of 5 weekly lessons that will focus on a different skill set each week. Lessons will be taught through, live demonstrations, slow motion video demonstrations and individual video analysis of students performing their weekly skill.
Many skills in MX are multifaceted. This requires the understanding of smaller skills necessary to perform the major skill. To aid in the understanding of skills, we will use slow motion video analysis that breaks the major skill down into its smaller components. We will also provide access to these instructional videos for the duration of the course thru our online classroom Edmodo. Through this online classroom you will be able to review the lesson, receive your video analysis, and have access to handouts, fliers and other necessary information 24/7.
– Jarret DeFazio/Shea Ball former WNYRacing Amateur Racers of the year
– Bruce Curtis – +40 Master Racer
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM BEGINNER COURSE:
– Any beginner rider age 7 and up (racer or not) who wants to learn proper technique
– Any beginner class racer who wants to eliminate bad habits
– Any adult beginner rider (racer or not)
– Any +30c, +40c, and older
MX TECHNIQUES TO BE COVERED:
– Body Position
– Reading the track
OTHER TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
– Safety Equipment
– Pre-ride Checklist
– MX Terminology
– Routine Bike Maintenance
CLASS TIMES & DATES:
Every Thursday starting at 5:30pm between the dates listed below.
Session One 2017 May 11,18,25, June 1,8
Session Two 2017 July 6, 20 27, August 3,10
COST: $175 per rider
- Due to mechanical, sickness, or injury we will not refund with cash, we will credit with entry to the next available school at the discretion of Area 51 management.
– Bike Size is 65cc-450cc and must have own bike
– Minimum safety equipment required
– DOT approved Helmet
– Over the ankle boots
– Full length jeans
– Parent or legal guardian for students under 18 years old
REMEMBER YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED AND YOU HAVE RECEIVED AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION:
Contact Bruce Curtis (Instructor)
Step 1: Fill Out Online Form -Click to fill out form.
Step 2: Submit Online Payment Via Credit Card
After you have completed registration in Step 1 and make payment in Step 2 we will send an email confirmation of your registration.